Monday, January 10, 2011

Color Me Happy


Happy Monday all! I sent three, very disappointed minis to school today. We were supposed to get one to four inches of snow yesterday, and it did snow, but didn't stick. All we have now is bitter cold and some icy mud to show for it. The areas just to the east and north of here are out of school, as they got the white stuff. It is a mixed blessing, as I am happy to have an empty house today and dry roads, but I feel the sadness of my offspring. Expecting a snow day and then not receiving it, well, that may just be one of life's biggest disappointments when you are seven, nine and twelve. I remember. Bummer!


Anywho! I did get a lot of TV watching in yesterday, as it was a snuggle-up, kind of day. I caught an episode of Color Splash on HGTV. This is not my usual show to watch, as I am not a "Miami/contemporary" kind of girl, but this dining room had me at "yellow!" I had dreams about this space last night and have contemplated selling my monogrammed, slip covered dining chairs, mahogany table and buffet and purchasing a thirteen foot long, yellow upholstered bench and a white table! Ok, then I wake-up from that dream. The space is so fun! All of my favorite colors are represented: bright pink, lemon yellow, turquoise and grass green and of course, white! What's not to love? What you can't see in this picture, is the kitchy collection of vintage salt and pepper shakers on sleek, display shelves and the cool display of blue caviar tins turned art. David and the Color Splash team also installed a bright yellow counter top on the adjacent kitchen island - perfection!


You may not love this as much as I did, but it is sure to brighten your Monday! Hope it's a good one for you.


Mello yellow - not!


Krissy
image via www.hgtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment