Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback Friday, House Beautiful 1937

the cover

I picked-up this House Beautiful at an estate sale a while back. The copy is from October 1937 and is in mint condition. I am truly fascinated by how far design and technology have come, yet just as amazed by how some of the design is relevant for today. My favorite part of the entire magazine is reading the advertisements. Oh the cigarette ads! I also get a chuckle at the linoleum floor ads. There was also an ad for the latest and greatest in modern conveniences... an air conditioner!















The following pictures were from an article on a new neighborhood being built in the "Colonial Spirit".

Is it just me, or do I see a pattern here?

These pictures show "modern" in 1937.

I think parts of this are still very relevant.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to tell you all about my trip to Charleston!

Krissy

2 comments: