Friday, September 17, 2010

Flashback Friday - Fashion Week Circa 1975


In honor Fashion Week this week, I thought I would post my very first forays into "fashion." Fashion has been an important part of my life from a very young age. These pictures serve as evidence of my innate sense of what "fashion" really is and the talent I possessed from the ripe old age of five. Obviously, my parents felt that I had "something" as they captured this moment on film. What this "something" is remains to be seen, but I really thought I was glamorous on this spring day way back when.

I am wearing one of my mother's old night gowns that was a staple in my dress-up trunk, a lovely chapeau from a wedding, also a discard from my mother, a snappy metallic silver clutch, very fashion-forward, Mickey Mousse sunglasses and a satin flower from a wedding (the petals opened-up and contained rice that we threw on the bride and groom as they ran to their honeymoon get-away car). I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned the poses. In my five year old mind, these were the way all cool and glamorous fashion models posed. So, have a laugh at my expense and a HAPPY FRIDAY!





Always fashion forward,



Krissy

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable!!! I was never much of a dress-up girl as a kid, which is funny since I love clothes so much now. My little girl is nineteen months old now, though, & she is absolutely obsessed with all things dress-up, from hats to jewelry to shoes. =)

    ReplyDelete