Monday, September 27, 2010

Charleston - part I

Charleston single house - the "false" frontdoor is for privacy on the piazza

Mr. Pearl and I on Murray Boulevard

Charleston has the nickname of the "Holy City" because of all of the churches.


having fun at dinner


I couldn't resist this!

Mr. Pearl and I arrived home from Charleston late last night. We walked in the door to find one VERY tired Mumsie (my mom), a clean house (thank you!!!) and three sound asleep children! A perfect ending to a wonderful vacay.

This was my first visit to Charleston and I must say that I am absolutely in love with this town! I had done all of my research, and was armed with my notes and guide books, so that I would not miss a thing! I am weird like that. I am not a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal. We arrived Thursday afternoon and Mr. Pearl and I explored around our hotel (Charleston Place) and hit a few shops on King Street. He was there on business, so we had some "businessy" things to do. Dinner was one of those things, but it was at a fun, casual fish place right on the Cooper River. Friday morning, I woke-up and strapped-on my running shoes and took off on a route (that I had planned before hand :) and explored the city on foot. WOW! Four hours later, I had to go back to the room to refuel! I had more fun slowly exploring this beautiful city. I peered over iron gates into private gardens, studied the beauty of the architecture of the fine homes, enjoyed talking to the most friendly people (next to Texans of course) and marveled at the history of this charming city.

I am just going to post a few pictures today and I will add more later this week, after I have a chance to sort through them all. The only bad thing about a romantic get-away with the hubby, is coming back home and hitting the ground running with both feet. All day, I have been trying to remember the relaxed feeling I had after my massage Saturday!

Happy Monday!

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment