Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Pearl's Nest - front porch

Our front porch chalkboard is a hit! Friends and neighbors love to leave messages on it.


I mentioned earlier in the week that the mini-pearls and I worked on the front porch last Friday evening. We purchased this year's haul of pumpkins and gourds and they enjoyed arranging their purchases around the front porch and flower beds. They did a great job, but I added a few more touches of my own. This required two trips to the attic and one trip to Hobby Lobby. I think I am finally ready to await the arrival of the "great pumpkin"! I do have a few more "Halloweeny" things, but I will wait and put those out on Halloween night!
The overall view.
This arrangement is actually in the flower bed.

Notice the TCU "rock" - go Horned Frogs!

Sport Cort placed all the little pumpkins in lines all around the porch.

I edited them a little!

Another Horned Frog.

Look closely in the window...Fisherman was peeping out to see what I was doing.

I bought several yards of orange, green and black tulle, tore them in strips and tied them around twine.

This formed the "garland" that I draped under the eaves.

My urns change with the seasons, so I took out the summer flowers and put in these pumpkin topiary.

They are fake, sorry if that offends anyone. I just don't want them to rot before Thanksgiving!

One of the little side niches and a close-up of my pumpkin lanterns.

They are getting a little faded, as I have has them a while, but they are a favorite!

Above the door, is a black glitter "BOO"

This door decoration will carry through to Thanksgiving.

This is a basket that I filled with pheasant feathers, deer sheds, a bird's nest, moss and tulle.

After Halloween,I will take out the jack-o-lantern and tulle.

Hope you enjoyed our porch. We sure are! After Halloween,I will take down the tulle and jack-o-lantern items and will have a nice Autumn theme to carry me through Thanksgiving.

Happy Fall Y'all!

Krissy

1 comment: