Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sit Down and Feast



Sit down and feast and welcome to our table.
-William Shakespeare






A week from today, I like many other proud Americans, will be participating in the sacred ritual of Thanksgiving preparations. Thursday will find me and the pearls gathered with my family and extended loved ones at my parent's home. But Wednesday, Wednesday is for cooking and baking and trying to get in a good run or two to make room for Thursday's meal. Our meal consists of a smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, deviled eggs (Texas is considered part of the South you know), sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fresh cranberry relish, rolls, stuffed celery, lime Charlotte (that's a jello salad - it's not the holidays at our gatherings without a congealed salad), pumpkin pie, pecan pie and I know I'm forgetting something...gravy? We will all be seated around the table and say what we are thankful for and some of us will cry (mom) and we will all laugh and tell stories and enjoy the company of one another. I really love Thanksgiving. I love that we all linger around the table because there are no presents to open and all the other chaos that surrounds other get-togethers. Thanksgiving is all about family and friends and our love for one another and how blessed we are to be able to gather around our dining table and share a meal and ourselves. I hope next Thursday finds you gathered with those you love around a dining table and giving thanks!









Happy Wednesday!

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment