Monday, August 29, 2011

Pool House Inspirations


Classic Cape Cod

Low Country Style - don't ya just want to sit on the porch with a mint julep?

Not sure what to call this, but I luv it.

more Cape Cod shingle style

Ahh! Cape Cod, gambrel roof perfection!

I have been helping a sweet friend with ideas for a backyard redo. I absolutely adore coming-up with ideas to spend someone else's money. Don't you? My friend wants to remodel her garage and back house into a larger garage with an upstairs game room/guest get-away with a veranda and pool cabana below. I so can help her with this. These pictures were what I used as my inspiration for my designs. (My designs that I did not photograph before I gave them to her. I still draft by hand. Hey, I'm old-fashioned that way!) The main house is a classic, Georgian design. She wanted the back house to be a little different. I thought a Cape Cod, shingle style or maybe a little low-country influence would compliment nicely. We will have to wait and see what happens, as they are still planning. Me? I'll take any of the above. Enjoy!

Krissy

photos via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment