Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bump, Set, Spike



Sweet Pea is officially a middle schooler, sort of. Fifth grade is a time of transition at our school and although it isn't "technically" middle school, fifth graders are learning the tough lessons that will help them survive the middle years and beyond. So, athletics are offered. I think this is partly to prepare these kids for middle school and partly because our wonderful, yet small school needs the fifth graders to field enough players for teams. Whatever the reason, Sweet Pea is stoked and rocked the court at her first volleyball game last week.

Have I ever mentioned that my darling girl is a tad competitive? Don't ever tell this girl she can't do something, because doggone it, she will. I must admit though, she is a good little athlete. I love watching her play. I did get in trouble though (by her) because I cheered. And other people heard me cheer. And in fifth grade, that is apparently not cool. Maybe this really is middle school. The attitude sure reeks of teenage angst. Anywho, this year, Sweet Pea has decided that not only is she going to conquer the volleyball and basketball courts, she is going to get her pointe shoes in ballet. She took a year off of ballet to pursue jazz and musical theater and now has to make-up for lost time. I think that the fact that the cards are stacked against her (and the fact that her bestie is already in her pointe shoes) make this even more attractive to her. I'll keep you posted on that one. I have a hard time with the whole ballet thing. Give me a good jazz hand any day.

Hope you are enjoying your pursuits whatever they may be!

Toodles!

Krissy

1 comment: