Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!

Last week, we celebrated Sweet Pea's 9th birthday! It is impossible to believe that she is nine years old and about to enter 4th grade! She is amazing and we love her so! She is following in my footsteps, as she loves art and she is a beautiful pianist. Sweet Pea really feels though that her calling is on the stage, and is ready for musical theater classes. We'll see!!!


We like to extend birthday celebrations around our house and we feted all week! I am now paying dearly for the two birthday cakes and one birthday cookie cake that were a part of said celebrations. Sweet Pea requested a grocery store vanilla cake, and a homemade cookie cake. I decided that my extra yummy strawberry cake would taste good, too. So, we made it for our family get together. It was worth it though, as she enjoyed the attention and presents. And Mr. Pearl and I enjoyed seeing our precious girl so happy!



Sweet Pea's cupcakes of her own design


Sweet Pea had an "End of the Year/Birthday Bash" in May with three of her classmates from school. The theme was "Peace, Love and Birthdays" What is it with nine and ten year old girls and peace signs, hearts and rainbows? It seems like yesterday I was planning her Mary Poppins and Cinderella parties! For the party decor, I bought beach pails for each of the birthday girls and painted their names on them. I then decoupaged letters for each of them, mounted the letters on small dowel rods and placed them in Styrofoam in the bottom of the pails. A little tissue paper and a few other wooden doodads and presto!- centerpieces that were also Sweet Pea's gift to them.






It all goes so fast! In the blink of an eye, I'll be posting a Sweet 16 party - sniff, sniff. I have said that I am not overly dramatic, right?

Happy 9th Birthday darling girl!!!

Peace, Love and Cake.....

1 comment: