Friday, October 28, 2011

Hello! Is This Thing On?

Sweet Pea and Sport - who doesn't love photo booth?

Hello lovelies! I am still here and I hope someone is still listening. This has been one of those weeks. We all have them. I'm not special. I will spare you all of the details, but let's just say that apples are not my favorite fruit right now. After my computer crashed and the young man at the computer bar or store or whatever it is they call it, assured me that all would be restored on my computer and life as I knew it would not end. Only to get my computer back from the computer bar or store or whatever it is they call it and have nothing be as it was before and my pictures and music lost on some magic back-up thing, so here I am. I also won't go into detail about the fact that the mini-pearls have a short school week for the second week in a row and I was up way past my bedtime last night watching the best/worst baseball game ever, so I am tired today. And, I have to watch yet another baseball game tonight and I am not sure my heart can take it. Oh, by the way, Go Rangers!

Sorry, I guess I didn't spare you many of the details. This is that time of year when I really want to stay home and be domestic. You know, sip on a comforting cup of hot tea all day while I tidy-up the house and prepare my surroundings for the cooler weather and the holidays. And serve-up delicious and warm pots of stew or chili for an evening meal around the dinner table with all of my pearls present. I want to nest. I don't like to be out and about on a week night after the sun goes down. I want to be home. Reality? Basketball practice, indoor soccer practice, ballet and umpteen million other events. Lots of traveling after dark and dinner? Well, we eat around the table, I see to that, but everyone is usually so famished that a Norman Rockwell picture, it aint'!

I must say though that in the middle of all of this, I am reminded how I am not alone and I am so very blessed. Blessed by the friend with an unexpected cup of coffee. Blessed by the tender hug from the sweet baby of a dear friend. Blessed by the words of praise about my child from a teacher. Blessed by the installation of the windows at the new house - whohoo! Blessed by the stolen moment in the middle of the night from my baby who had a bad dream. Blessed by the cozy, rainy afternoon nap I managed to sneak in. Blessed by the opportunity to dance with and thoroughly embarrass my children at a fun school event. Yes, I am trying very hard to turn stressed to blessed. Thankfully the good Lord is patient with me and doesn't give up on me.

Wow, I feel better. Ready to face the day with two of the mini-pearls plus one friend at home and asking "What's next?" Ready for the phone call that I am sure to get this weekend from Fisherman, as he is out hunting for the opening youth weekend. "Mom, do you want deer sausage or jerky?" (for the record - neither. Yuck.) Ready to prepare for the madness of Monday. Nope, not a big fan of Halloween. Yes, I am ready. Blessed and not stressed and I hope you are as well. Have a wonderful weekend!

Krissy

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to place an order for deer sausage. Love the stuff, but no one at my house hunts!

    Love the post too. Good stuff. How blessed are we, right?

    ReplyDelete