Friday, May 3, 2013

In My Courtyard

When we moved into our home a year ago, we hated the "dingo, 1960's courtyard" and could not wait to tear it out. The decorative, cinder-block walls, the huge lava rock in the corner, the built-in gas grill, the enormous brain tree - it is a bit dated don't ya think? Well, flash forward one year and well, it has kind of grown on us. The space is cozy and comfy and we all enjoy spending time here.
Last spring, I planted a climbing rose bush. This was supposed to bloom from spring to fall. I planted the small bush, tenderly cared for it and waited and waited and waited. No blooms. The plant grew prolifically, but no blooms. I didn't give up though and my patience has been rewarded with beautiful blooms! The space still needs work, as most everything around here does, but I am going to share it anyway.

 Here is my French bottle rack, turned flower holder


 The "brain" tree - we still keep it trimmed to honor
all of the hard work of those that lived here before us


 The rose - tiny, delicate blooms



Happy Weekend!

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment