Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Got This


I will keep repeating that to myself until it becomes reality. So, I know we are all busy and I know that I am no exception, but just when I think that "I got this," I reminded that I do not. This is the time to hit my knees in prayer. We have another crazy May week this week and yet, I am home today with one sick child (his mean mommy told him it was just allergies and to "suck it up", only to look closer and find that he does indeed have a fever) and another child, darling daughter, awaiting a trip to the doctor to x-ray her pinky finger. If it is broken, this makes broken finger number three for Sweet Pea. This was  NOT on the calendar for today - not even close!

I am thankful for my full life. We have had so much to celebrate and be thankful for and yet, there are set backs. Life is not happy sunshine 24/7, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it was? Even for say, a week or two during the craziest month of our year? I won't go into great detail about the rest of our challenges, we all have them and they hurt, but I think the hurt makes the happy that much better. LAst night, we celebrated Fisherman's new school at a school-wide picnic. We found out that some dear friends we haven't seen in a while will be at the school next year with Fisherman. Blessings abound!

I will wrap this up, as I have to take Sweet Pea to the doctor, but I want to fill you all in on my daughter, and give you some unsolicited parenting advice. From the time Sweet Pea was in preschool, she has been asking to play football. Let me insert here that she is indeed a bow wearing, card carrying, girly girl who is tough as nails and out to prove it. Girl power! Anyhoo, girlfriend asked and asked to play football and I answered with "Oh no sweetie, how about ballet?" or "Wouldn't you rather play volleyball"(which she does, pretty well, I might add) Fast forward six years and our school is adding six man football to the sports next fall for seventh and eighth graders. Again, she asks to play football. However, instead of waiting for me and Mr. P's answer, girlfriend goes to the coach and asks him to play and apparently was convincing. Guess who was the only girl to start spring training with the team?  The coach planned on working her hard, thinking she would get discouraged and go back to volleyball. It didn't work. She is more fired-up than ever! It also doesn't help that she is better than most of the young men on the field. Really. She throws a mean spiral, catches like a guy and thinks getting hit is fun. Should I worry? I have been praying that God would be in control of this situation. If she is ever going to play, this is the time, as high school would be far too dangerous. All of this leads to yesterday at recess. She was playing football with her girlfriends and one of them threw a "wonky" pass and she caught it wrong and now her pinky is three times normal size and blue. Not good. Answer to prayer? Or just proof that you shouldn't play football with girls? I will found out in an hour or two. My unsolicited parenting advice? ALLOW YOUR DAUGHTER TO PLAY FOOTBALL, FLAG FOOTBALL, when she is little and get it out of her system if she thinks she wants to play. It is much safer and a lot less of a headache!

Amen! Pass the Tylenol.

Have a great day!

Krissy


photos via Pinterst

No comments:

Post a Comment