Friday, August 10, 2012

Annie Sloan Paint Fun

While all the minis were away, Mom did play! I shared my D.I.Y. screen door bulletin board with you. Fisherman is thrilled with the results! I also worked a little on Sweet Pea's room. She had a chest of drawers that she wanted to "update." I had previously painted the piece white and blue. It was adorable, but a little too frilly for her new, tween room. Enter Annie Sloan Paint. I know that most of you have probably heard about it, but if you haven't, this stuff is wonderful! No sanding or prep, just paint and wax. It is fabulous!





I used Antibes Green for the base. This green isn't for the faint of heart. It is bold and bright and beautiful. I highlighted the piece with Bright White and used a little of my acrylics in two shades of pink for accents. Annie Sloan may not condone this, but it worked for me. I then coated the piece in clear wax. Sweet Pea loves it and so do I. 

xoxo,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment