Monday, March 5, 2012

Not So Mellow Yellow


We haven't really had any winter weather to speak of around here, so all of the plants and trees are already bursting with color. Even for Texas, it is a tad early! For me, Spring begins when the daffodils show their sunny faces and everything else follows suit.



Subtle yellow from House Beautiful

Yellow is a happy color, yet it is one that evokes strong opinions in most people, especially when it comes to using yellow in interiors. You either love it, or you hate it. I don't think there is really a middle ground here. What do you all think? Grandmother's floral or modern and fresh? Whatever your opinion, perhaps you can find one picture among these that will put a smile on your face and spring in your heart.


Traditional yellow from Alexa Hampton

Retro yellow and still so chic!

Yellow tile

Modern and fresh from HGTV's Color Splash

Soft and cozy from Sarah Richardson


Happy Monday!

Krissy

Unless noted, all photos from Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, but my mother hates it. She tried to push her hate for the color off on me. She wouldn't even buy yellow-colored clothes for me.

    ReplyDelete