Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Entry Table Before and After


Sweet Pea made it home safely from Paris and it was back to school for the mini-pearls today. I will catch you up on our Spring Break later, but for now, I wanted to share a project that I completed over the break.


The entry table - BEFORE


The table in our entry used to be our breakfast table. At our home, that means it was the main eating/gathering place, homework desk, art table and general work surface for the Pearl household. This poor thing has taken a lot of abuse and it was shabby but not chic. The new position as greeter of our new digs meant that a makeover was in order. I used this opportunity to break-out the Annie Sloan chalk paints that I purchased in Roundtop. These paints are all over the blog world and have quite a reputation for fabulousness. They do not disappoint! I love to work on projects but I want instant gratification and get impatient to finish. These paints are the bomb! No prep-work needed! Just clean your surface and paint and then a top coat of wax. The result was exactly what I wanted and it looks like we have a new table. See what you think!

The entry table - AFTER



Happy First Day of Spring!

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment