Monday, January 9, 2012

Today...


Today I lost a sweet friend to a nasty disease. Today, my friend Amy passed away after a courageous battle with breast cancer. Amy is survived by her husband and two children; ages eight and three. I feel so sad that my heart hurts. I wish that I had something profound to say to her family and all those around me who are hurting. I know that my God is bigger than this suffering, but accepting this is so hard. I am praying for Amy's family and all that are touched by this disease. Each day that we have with the ones we love is a blessing, for there are no guarantees.

Praise be to the God and Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 3-4

Krissy

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Krissy ~ we will be praying for you and your friend's family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Krissy. I'm having so much trouble wrapping my head around this. My heart aches for everyone, especially those sweet babies and B. Tears creep up on me when I start thinking about it. I'm at a loss, even though I know your words are true -- "God is bigger than this". I know that is true, but it doesn't stop my questions of why her and why now.

    ReplyDelete