Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Romantic Lodge

This is one of my all-time favorite spaces. I tore this out of Traditional Home way back in 2002! I love it as much today as I did then. This "romantic lodge" room has inspired the decor in my own home and when I found this picture while looking through my archives, it still made me pause and take note.

I love the pink and green (naturally!). The fabulous, English antiques and the wonderful way the rustic antlers and sisal mix with the romantic florals. I want to cozy-up in this room and read a book or watch the hounds frolicking in the yard. You know there has to be hounds frolicking outside or maybe a Corgi or two. Yes, this room room still has me at the pink linen-clad settee and white painted paneling.

xoxo,

Krissy

photo via: Traditional Home

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely! & you know it's a good one when you hang onto it for that long! I still have photos of Nicky Hilton's kitchen that I tore out of an InStyle magazine right after we got married. It was the original inspiration for my pink&green kitchen, which was what first nudged me in the Lilly direction!

    ReplyDelete