Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Master Bedroom Spice

Hello Lovelies! Now that all of my kiddos are back in school,  and I have two weeks until I go back to school (I teach preschool two days a week. I know, hard times.), it is time for mama to get some projects done! Today, I had the carpets cleaned. Side note: we have been in our home for a year and a half. You would think that we are pigs and our home is surrounded by mud and slop to look at our carpets. Anyone else? Or is my family really a bunch of pigs? The carpet looks so much better! Okay, back to the point at hand. Projects! I finally got around to purchasing some chandeliers. I could not find what I wanted during our remodel and the budget just wouldn't stretch, so I have some dark rooms. No more! Installation coming soon! One of those little lovelies is going in the master. It just needs some polish, so that is my next project.
I love my bedroom. It is a cozy space and I have it crammed with an enormous bed and large furniture that would make most designers cringe, but, I love it! I love the fact that I have to make a running jump to get on my bed. I love the love seat at the foot of the bed that is great for reading and snuggling with my family. I love my bedding. I splurged on Leontine Linens several years ago and I am still happy with it. So what is wrong? No curtains and a lack of polish to the room. We live in a 1960's ranch and still have the 1960's windows in this part of the house. You know, the lovely windows that start four feet off of the floor. Not. pretty. at. all. Again, the budget that wouldn't stretch comes into play. Someday, maybe, new windows will be on the agenda. In the meantime, curtains!
Here are my inspirations from Pinterest. 

 I love the color in this room.




 This is more color than I will have, but I love the coziness of the space, the bedside tables and the framed pin board in the corner.





This is sexy!

 Designer Hillary Thomas - love


Color!

This is the master of Edie from Life In Grace. I adore this!


xoxo,

Krissy

All photos via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment