Monday, April 30, 2012

Made in the Jade













I have been reading the book Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. I cannot tell you how much I love this book. Every time I open the pages and start to read, I am transported to 1930's Shanghai or the shanty, Chinese neighborhoods of Los Angeles during the same time. I love historical fiction and this book rates up there with my all-time faves. In the book, I have learned a lot about Chinese culture and there is  a lot of talk about the importance of jade. One of the main characters is given her mother's jade bracelet and it is mentioned throughout the book. Needless to say, all of this talk about jade has made me more aware of the color jade and it's place in my world. Whether jade to you is a soft, turquoise green or a light green, it makes a calm statement in any interior and is peaceful to the eye. Yes, I realize that jade by any other name is green and well, I love green, so this is just another excuse to post about one of my favorite colors. Enjoy the pics and go read the book.

Happy Monday,

Krissy

Pictures via: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment